Click on the MARY book cover to order your copy for only $19.95 on Amazon

Friday, June 24, 2016

The Color of Humanity

The Color of Humanity - by Herbie J Pilato
The color of my skin is olive, or white, depending on the time of year. And I am a straight man. But that does not mean that I will necessarily only vote for an olive-skinned or a white straight man to be in the White House, or for an olive-skinned or a white straight man for any particular political position or office. My political beliefs are relatively liberal. But that does not necessarily mean that I will vote for a relatively liberal individual to be in the White House or any particular political position or office. My hair color has ranged from brown to salt-and-pepper to gray to silver. But that does not mean that I will vote for only a brown, salt-and-peppered, or gray, or silver-haired individual to be in the White House or any particular political position of office.
Do you see where I'm going here?
When I vote, or stand behind any political candidate, I vote for the INDIVIDUAL...and for what that particular individual will bring to the table. I vote for their experience...for their wisdom...for the leadership qualities...for their humanity.
Those are the legitimate reasons in choosing a candidate for ANY political office. And not because they are White, Italian, Black, Greek, Blond, a Female, Straight, Gay, or Martian.
And the same rules apply to EVERY area of life, beyond professional politics.
Essentially, I make wise choices in all areas for legitimate, authentic reasons, for the highest good of all concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment