"It's In Their Blood" by Scott Lee Needham

"It's In Their Blood" by Scott Lee Needham
Click on image to order

Friday, June 24, 2016

The Color of Humanity

The Color of Humanity - by Herbie J Pilato
The color of my skin is olive, or white, depending on the time of year. And I am a straight man. But that does not mean that I will necessarily only vote for an olive-skinned or a white straight man to be in the White House, or for an olive-skinned or a white straight man for any particular political position or office. My political beliefs are relatively liberal. But that does not necessarily mean that I will vote for a relatively liberal individual to be in the White House or any particular political position or office. My hair color has ranged from brown to salt-and-pepper to gray to silver. But that does not mean that I will vote for only a brown, salt-and-peppered, or gray, or silver-haired individual to be in the White House or any particular political position of office.
Do you see where I'm going here?
When I vote, or stand behind any political candidate, I vote for the INDIVIDUAL...and for what that particular individual will bring to the table. I vote for their experience...for their wisdom...for the leadership qualities...for their humanity.
Those are the legitimate reasons in choosing a candidate for ANY political office. And not because they are White, Italian, Black, Greek, Blond, a Female, Straight, Gay, or Martian.
And the same rules apply to EVERY area of life, beyond professional politics.
Essentially, I make wise choices in all areas for legitimate, authentic reasons, for the highest good of all concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment