Click on the MARY book cover to order your copy for only $19.95 on Amazon

Sunday, December 18, 2011

What's In Your Cart?

You know, you walk through Costco at Christmastime, or through Sam's Club, depending on where you live in the country, and you see people with two or three big flat-screen TVs in their shopping cart, and it just seems a big strange. 

Comical even.  But a bit strange. 

I mean, it's great - and God bless 'em.  

And oh, yeah for sure, I remember when my Dad walked in our house on Erie Street in Rochester, New York with a brand new RCA 19" inch color TV. 

I nearly flipped my lid - and then went on to enjoy years of great television.

But I also have Christmas memories of when I'd be happy with just a board game of Battleship or Hats-Off...and or just even Twister

There was something wonderful about those days. 

Something simpler.

And really, probably the best part of those days? 

Just being in a room full of people you loved - and who loved you back.

3 comments: