Click on the MARY book cover to order your copy for only $19.95 on Amazon

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Key-Chain Effect: Never Turn Down An Invitation

I've needed a new key-chain for quite some time.

It's not something you really think about purchasing when you're out and about...especially in the hectic pace of living in Los Angeles.

Nonetheless a key-chain is a near necessity that serves a purpose.

Key-chains keep things together...they help you organize the various aspects of your life:

Your house key...your car keys...your mailbox key...your safety-deposit box key, etc.

In all, you need a key-chain to "connect the dots," so to speak.

And ever since I moved to Burbank a few months ago, I wanted to get one and "re-connect" those dots.

But again - I just haven't had the chance.

Except until the other day...when a generous friend invited me to lunch at one of the major studios where he has his office.

Before I left to meet him, I grabbed my keys, merely held together with a tiny, fragile silver ringlet, and thought to myself - as I had many times in the last few weeks, "Man - I gotta' get a key-chain."

I then went to meet my friend at the studio and, after treating me to a delicious meal in the executive dining room, he further invited me to the studio gift shop.

"Come on," he said, "I'll buy you a sovenir."

So, we walked into the gift shop, and the first thing my friend said was, "How 'bout a key chain?"

After being stunned for a second, I replied, "Perfect!"

Moral of the story:  I learned a long time ago to never turn down a kind invitation...whether to a party...a vacation...a lunch...or just to meet a friend.

For every invitation is a sign as to which next proverbial step you are to take - a link - in the key-chain of life.



No comments:

Post a Comment